02 January, 2008

A Bunch Of Stuff

I know it's been a while since I've posted, let alone with pictures. Now I have pictures, well as many as I could take before my camera batteries died. So I've been knitting and signing myself up for more swaps. I can't help it. Plus I added a picture of the sock pattern I sold since it's available now!

Anyone who did HSKS3 should get their little wand wielding fingers over to the HSKS4 site and get signed up for this round. I just sent my information to the Headmistress this morning. Only 100 people get to join- hopefully some of my pals from last time will get in on it again! If you like knitting, swaps, and Harry Potter then this swap is loads of fun and you should join! I'm a Gryffindor again for this one. We're supposed to get house points for linking to the site with the logo/picture you see above. I, however am not cool enough to figure out precisely how one does that. So I posted the picture and links anyway, even though it probably won't count. Sorry Gryffindors!
I sort of improvised the pattern for these little Mary Jane booties for my little sisters baby. She's due in February, but her shower is Saturday. No baby with a knitting aunt can get away without wearing hand knits!


Vine lace hat for my sisters baby, to go with the little booties. Um, the baby is supposed to be a girl by the way...

I finished the blanket for my sisters baby too. It's a feather and fan pattern from a booklet for Encore baby blankets. I used Caron Simply Soft because I like it for babies. I used one strand of off white and two of soft pink held together throughout. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Plus I got it done in time for her shower this Saturday.



A close up detail of the stitch pattern on the blanket.





I started on the blanket for my other little sisters baby yesterday. This one's due in February too. So far so good. Too many babies...





Remember a while back when I said I sold a sock pattern, well here it is. They're called Library Socks and the pattern was written for Cherry Tree Hill. It's not for sale everywhere yet, but here's a link to where it is. I imagine it will be up on Cherry Tree Hills site soon. Maybe it will even be up on the Loopy Ewe since she carries Cherry Tree Hill yarns and patterns. The detail is hard to see in the picture, I think because the yarn is so dark, but it has cables and bobbles and all sorts of fun things to knit into them.
I was going to post pictures of the gift my awesome husband made me for Christmas, but that will have to wait for the camera batteries to charge. Maybe I'll have some finished socks to show you too. I have four pairs on needles, I'm even on the second sock on two pairs! I really have to get knitting on them because I have to knit my Loopy Swap partners gift too. I have the yarn narrowed down to two, but I have no idea what to knit for her. I want to do the perfect thing even though I know that's not going to happen!





No comments: