07 January, 2008

Hot Cocoa Swap Questionnaire

I joined the Hot Cocoa Swap and was suppose to have this posted a day or two ago. I'm not usually late when it comes to these things, but I am this time. I have my homework finished now:

Cocoa:

1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?
Just about any way is my favorite! I like to use milk and end up using store bought most of the time. I like to drink it in a big mug. My Grandma used to make my sisters and I hot cocoa with milk and real chocolate when we were at our cabin in the mountains in Colorado. It was always such a treat, we even had special mugs that were just for that. No more cabin or Grandma, but I still have the mug.

2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
Mostly I have marshmallows, but I like both.


Yarn/Knitting/Crochet:

1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?
Nearly all yarn is good, but if I have to pick I would say either alpaca or wool. My favorite colors are black, gray, blue, purple, green. I really don't care for orange and yellow, but I have seen some pretty yarns in those colors so I guess it depends on the orange and yellow...
I have a terrible weakness for sock yarn.

2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
Knit, I can't crochet to save my life!

3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?
I don't have a very favorite, I like to use different needles for different things. Most of my needles are wood/bamboo. I don't really care for metal needles because my work tends to slip off too easily. I'm up to trying anything new- they might become my favorite!

4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
I think I have most of what I need. I do misplace my needle to weave in ends from time to time, and a knitter can never have too many tape measures.

5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
Yarn, yarn, yarn. Oh wait that can't be an answer! I have a couple of small fabric project bags that I love, but I always have more than two projects going at once. I really need to figure out a way to keep my dpns together. Mostly I use 4 when I knit socks, but when I need that 5th one I can never find it.
6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)
My favorite things to knit are bags to be felted and socks. I designed a pretty quick fingerless gloves pattern that only takes about 100 yards of DK-worsted weight yarn. I have knit dozens and really like making them, but still haven't made any for myself. Don't all knitters knit more for other people than they do themselves?


Miscellaneous

1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?
Try and keep warm, I'm a cold person. Sit and watch it snow from inside the house.

2. What is your favorite animal?
Oh that's so hard. If I were picking one of my own animals it would be my white cat. Animals in general- I love sea turtles and frogs. And sheep!

3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?
Sometimes when I don't see a sunny sky for days and days. I miss that about Colorado, it was always sunnier there than it is here. Here we just get wind- yuck!

4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
Curl up with a good book, or pop in a favorite DVD and knit while I watch. I have to find a way to keep myself busy and not bored.

5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
Watching all of my flowers wake up and turn green. I walk around my yard and check on everything every day. The bad thing about spring and early summer in Nebraska is that it's tornado weather.

6. What are your favorite treat?
Chocolate. Any kind is great, but dark is my favorite. Ice cream. A new book.

7. What is your favorite board game?
I used to love to play Clue and Trouble.

8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
I have one husband, three children (10 year old girl and 5 year old twin boys) one outside dog, and two cats- one good and one who is naughty but she can't help it because she's Siamese. I have a very busy house, it's never quiet here.

9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?
I'm allergic to most scented things like lotions, perfumes, candles, incense. Hives are no fun!

There are my answers. I can't wait to get my partner! It's so fun to put packages together for my swap pals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,
I'm your cocoa pal. You've given me some great info here. The gears in my brain are starting to turn with ideas for your package. This is going to be fun!