31 January, 2008

Swap Things and Early Morning Mayhem

I just spent the morning wrapping and packing up my Hot Cocoa Swap package. It's all ready to send off to my partner. My knitted buddy came out pretty cool, but I can't post pics until after she gets it.
I am far past the halfway point in knitting my Loopy Ewe swap project. I have all her stuff ready to go but the actual project (it's only the whole point of the swap...) and the edible goodies. There little boys in my house got into my knitting room and stole all the treats- they made rather quick work of them too. I guess I could always send the empty wrappers...
I am very nearly ready to send my HSKS4 package too.
As for the fourth swap- Hogwarts Sock Swap 3- I am waiting for a few "owls" to arrive at my house so I can get started.
The morning mayhem??? Oh yeah, it was great. The twins- five year old boys were in rare form this morning. They wanted toast and yogurt for breakfast. No problem, right? Well, we had two yogurts one peach one strawberry- not good. The youngest of the two snagged himself the coveted strawberry so the other one literally screamed and cried and was so hysterical he almost made himself sick because he did not want peach. Yeesh, it's just yogurt people! So evidently to get back at this brother when it came time to get dressed the one stuck with the peach stole the red shirt and put it on for the day. Red is his brothers very favorite color. Cue next major fit. The blue shirt- same shirt, different color- is just not good enough to be worn. My son was all ready to take his sister to school wearing jeans and Spider Man shoes with a coat. Um...no! So to make the long story short, I listened to at least one little boy throw a fit from about 6:45-7:35 this morning. We got back home from the trip to school and I took some Motrin. What a way to start the day. The good news is that my daughter actually got out of bed the second time I went to get her up. Usually it take about 5 tries to get her up.
It's lunch time now. I hope it goes better than breakfast!

No comments: