21 January, 2008

New Topic of the Week

A new question of the week has been posted for the Hot Cocoa swap. Thought I'd better answer it before I forget!

The question:
What is the most 'random' memory you have from your childhood? I know it's not knitting content, but I love learning about the little quirks and interesting things about people!
The answer:
I think most of my childhood was randomness! The first thing that pops into mind is when I was probably 10, which would make my sisters 7 and 6. We were at my aunt and uncles hog farm walking around in a field with my cousin and his friend. They were trying to scare us about snakes. My cousin suddenly yelled something along the lines of "There's a big snake right there!" My sister- the 7 year old- immediately peed her pants and started crying. She didn't want the boys to know and thought I should let her borrow my (at the time very cool) jean jacket to wrap around her waist to hide the evidence. I thought that was a bad idea, after all it was my cool jacket and she was the dummy who peed her pants for no good reason. She thought I was being mean, so she ran for the house to tell on me. Needless to say her plan backfired. This resulted in showing the boys precisely what she wanted to hide from them- they were a little bit older and therefore much cooler. Plus she got in trouble for peeing her pants and for being a tattle tale.
I suppose I should end that with "and they all lived happily ever after, the end" or something like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I am hoping to have your cocoa creature finished this weekend. I am about done collecting stuff for your box. What does this mean to you? It means I am timely and should meet all the deadlines for the swap!
I'll let you know when I mail the box.
I hope you are having a good winter. Last weekend I spent a fair amount of time relaxing in front of the fire.
--cocoa pal