25 January, 2008

Spinning

On Sunday I decided to break out my lonely, neglected spinning wheel. I spun and watched NFL playoffs. Since Neither team I wanted to make it won I definitely enjoyed the spinning more. I spun two different types of fiber from two different people. The hand dyed multi color is merino. The other three colors are BFL and all from the same place. I don't know which farms for sure as this fiber is some of what I got at the Estes Park Wool Market in 2006 and that was too long ago to remember the names. I could take you right to their booths if I was there though. We go to the Wool Market every year, it's always Father's Day weekend. My husband is awesome, he always takes the family up there and never complains. The drive alone is enough to make the trip worthwhile. I miss the mountains, so this Colorado girl thinks it's heaven to play with fiber while standing in the mountains! Of course after everyone suffers through the fiber insanity we all go and do things the rest of my family will enjoy too. It's our little mini-vacation. OK, it's our only vacation.

Sometimes we spend the night somewhere on Saturday night and take the kids to the Denver Zoo the next day. If we don't make it to the zoo then, we drive down on another weekend. They may not be much for "family traditions" but that's what we do and everyone has a good time. For some reason my daughter thinks staying in hotels is just the best thing in the world. I think she's weird. All the kids like the animals at the wool market- they can touch most of them. They have a ball at the zoo, begging to go see their favorites first. The begging for overpriced ice cream, which they always get.

OK, so now that I've totally gone off topic, here's what I spun:




Pretty colors, huh? It's funny. Most of what I bought in 2006 is bright, last year it was all more earthy colors. Evidently I go through color phases, or at least color intensity phases.
I'm going to go knit now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! What are you going to make with it?

loveyourbag said...

I haven't decided yet...