08 January, 2008

Random

Would you believe that I ordered more stuff from The Loopy Ewe- but no yarn this time I swear. It's not even all for me- I have some secret pal shopping to do! I'm doing the Loopy Swap, HSKS4, and the Hot Cocoa swap- the only one I don't have my partner for yet is HSKS4 since the sign ups are still open. So I'm working on putting packages together, I have to make lists this time since I'm doing three at once and I'll forget what is for who.

Mushu, my cat, ate some salsa at lunch time. I doubt that it's good for her- that should be fun later! I should know better than to leave anything that could possibly be eaten anywhere that she has any chance of getting to because she is a huge pig and eats anything.

Purple crayon that has been washed and dried with the laundry does indeed come out! Following bits of all the advice posted by other victims of this tragedy online, and getting no help from my mom (even though I know that it happened to her at least once) I managed it. A nice long hot water soak, some agitation, more soaking, with about a cup each of detergent, vinegar, Shout, and Clorox 2. Do it twice just to be sure. After that remember to check all laundry for stray crayons! Crayon comes out of the dryer too. Some suggested soaking a dish towel in water and dish soap and throwing it in the dryer and letting it run. It works, but the process must be repeated several times each followed by scrubbing while the dryer is still hot. Just in case any of you ever need to know...

I started my project for my Loopy Swap partner last night. Then somehow I tangled the yarn up into the worst mess I have seen in a while. I have it untangled now, but I think I may have changed my mind about what to knit...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the crayon came out! I knew I would be of no help - but I had my fingers crossed for you! In our house, we had a couple things of chapstick goes through the laundry- its not bad, as long as thier washed in cold water. But, once they melt (in the washed or dryer)- the clothes are lost!

I'm so excited about the Hot Cocoa swap!

Ellen Alexandra said...

I can't believe you participate in so many swaps... and with three kids!!!!!! The Loopy Ewe swap was my first, but I had a blast with it and will probably do more!