27 July, 2007

Socks in progress

The socks I've been working on instead of all those bags I need to get made. I have two bags done and two in progress, so I'm not totally slacking off.
All I have left is the toe on the first sock that I'm knitting in the Jaywalker pattern. The yarn is from http://limenviolet.com I got it when she still had her shop going on Etsy.

And the requested pic of a work in progress. This is the Burrow yarn that I mentioned before, I'm loving it. I couldn't find or decide on a pattern for it- nothing seemed to fit what I think of as a Weasley worthy or Burrow-like sock. So I did what I tend to do most of the time- I designed my own. I'm working the specifics out as I go. What you see above is actually the back of the sock, the cable and twisted stitch pattern will end and those stitches will become the heel flap. I don't know what heel pattern I'll do, the slip 1 K1 standby or some variation I come up with. I think a tiny cable on each side of the heel would be great but I haven't worked that out yet. I guess I'll know how it will turn out once I've finshed it, won't I?

No comments: