26 July, 2007

My Sock Yarn Problem

I have a terrible sock yarn addiction. I have lots of wonderful sock yarn, enough for countless pairs of socks. I keep buying more! Here is what came in the mail yesterday:

The name of this yarn is Hagrid. I know, more Harry yarn, more Hagrid yarn. But I really love Hagrid. This yarn and its colors remind me of Hagrids giant coat of many pockets full of who knows what. Or of escaping down to have tea in his hut and enjoying his treacle fudge (I have no idea what that actually is) and enjoying the view of his great big pumpkin patch. Is that going too far??? Contributing to my yarn addiction is once again, http://knittinghawkeye.etsy.com. She rocks and so does her yarn. She wants pics of finished objects- I better get knitting! You all must visit her shop and pick up some of her yarn, otherwise I will continue to buy it. I need saving from myself!

2 comments:

KnittingHawkeye said...

lmfao your problem is nothing compared to mine. I have enough sock yarn that it fills an tire 3 drawer plastic thingy from Target & on top of that I have yarn sitting in front of it and THEN I also dye yarn! lmfao. It's very hard not keeping it, but I must spread the love. I recieved more of the bamboo & chubby sock yarns so those will show up after the 12th. The next upodate will be 6 skeins and that it. The rest is being dyed up for a fiber festival in Rosemont, IL. (right outside of Chicago) =) it should be fun, I need more addicts. I'm very glad the yarn came safely & beautifully. =) The colours going up this coming week are Half Blood Prince, Molly & Hagrid. =) Stay away =P
Plus right now I'm testing my Christmas colour I'm going to release at the fiber fest. It's coming out awesome! Swirling and all! (funny for me because I'm a Jew) hahahaha <3 you!

Ellen Alexandra said...

That colorway is beautiful!