17 September, 2007

Very Bright Socks

OK, after about four days of being sick I'm finally about 2/3 of the way to feeling human again. Yay! I spent yesterday watching football, of course, and knitting. I got some Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome (yep all one word and it's new) in Java from The Loopy Ewe. I decided to design a new sock pattern for it. You can't see it because I'm not done. I'm on try number four- what ever happened to that whole third time's the charm thing? I may have been more successful if I'd been paying closer attention and not cursing football referees...

I do have one project finished! I had some Ginny Weasley yarn from MacKintosh Yarns and then Anna designed a Ginny sock pattern, so the Ginny socks were born. I didn't follow her pattern exactly, but I did take the general idea and turn it into nearly the same socks. They were for my daughter who thinks I have been neglecting her by not knitting her socks. I think they turned out well, and since they're so bright maybe she won't lose them! Here they are modeled by her and her skinny legs and big feet:


2 comments:

Knitting Up A Storm said...

oooo yay! I know you said you didn't follow if entirely, but was that because of the size difference, or because it was confusing? I hope it wasn't the latter.
You did a great job on the socks! It's always cool to see people's pics of your patterns. :) warm fuzzies.

loveyourbag said...

Oh the pattern wasn't confusing at all! Her feet are really long and narrow so I had to make a few adjustments. The pics didn't turn out great, but the socks are really cute. One of these days I'll get around to knitting up a pair for myself!