10 September, 2007

Knit Sock Weather

OK, I suppose it feels like fall now. Football season has officially started, it's dark when I get up in the morning (if when I get up counts as morning yet), it was 50 degrees here yesterday and it poured. 50 isn't bad, right? Two days ago it was over 90. The best part of it getting cooler outside is that I can break out my knit socks again. Yesterday and today I put on pairs that hadn't even been worn yet, well except for trying them on. I can't believe I only finished two pairs since last winter! Too many UFO's hanging about my house. So, since I have nothing better to post I will show you my toasty warm feet.

I wore these yesterday. They are just plain stockinette because I was too excited to try the yarn to find the perfect pattern for it. They are knit in Hedwig from Sunshine Yarns, which can of course be found on etsy.com. Note the Harry Potter connection- Hedwig- I really do have a problem...


These lovely socks are keeping my toes warm today, although I will have to take them off to go to work. My feet would get too hot running around in them all night at the hospital, plus I wouldn't want to risk defiling them with blood or other bodily fluids I run into! I don't remember what exact pattern these are, but I know it came from Sensational Knit Socks. It looks nice but they took FOREVER to knit because I got so bored with the pattern. I used Sublime from Fearless Fibers, love the yarn. If you can't figure out where it came from you haven't been paying attention ;)
That's it. I have a pile of stuff to do today, so I'm off to try and get some of it done!

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Beautiful socks! I love the Hedwig yarn.