16 December, 2007

Some FO's

Yep, I finally have finished knitting a few things. I have both of my Jaywalkers done- it took me forever because I kept putting them down to work on something else! I knit them in Lime & Violet yarn which I love. I messed up and made the first one in one size and the second in another. Guess that's what I get for waiting so long to finish a pair of socks! Something sort of funny happened to them though. The first one I knit had stripes on the leg and pooling on the foot, the second one is exactly the opposite. I didn't do it on purpose, I don't know how I could have or how it happened at all. It's ok, I like them this way. Like my boys, they are fraternal twins instead of identical. They are way comfortable, one of my favorite sock patterns. Didn't they turn out pretty...


I finished my moms Christmas socks too! They are the Snapdragon pattern knit in Scarlet Fleece Antique Watermelon. Both the yarn and pattern can be found at the Loopy Ewe, of course. The pattern was a fun one even though it is a toe up pattern which is my least favorite way to knit socks. The yarn was nice to work with and is really soft and squishy, it was complete murder to wind into a ball though. Whoever was skeining yarn that day was either quite angry with the world or was smoking crack, I don't know which.


I love the way they turned out and I hope my mom does too. Now to get her package together and sent off so that it can make it to Ohio before Christmas since she can't come home this year. I'm going to try and send her a little Christmas in a box. I hate the idea of her being lonely on Christmas.
This year I have Christmas Eve off and work Christmas Day, well night really but you know what I mean. Usually it's not too bad to work on the holidays. Most of the patients are so glad to have someone there to take care of them when they have to be in the hospital and away from their families. The hospital can't close on Christmas. A fact some of my family and In-Laws just don't get. Oh well. The kids will be done opening presents and will have gone through several sets of batteries for their new toys by the time I have to leave them for the night, so the fun part of the day will be over and I won't miss much.
I still have one gift to finish knitting for my sister. Then an order for a customer, a shower gift for the same sister, and a baby blanket for another customer- all need to be done either by Christmas or shortly there after. Guess I better get my fingers busy!


1 comment:

Julianne said...

Love the socks, both pairs turned out fantastic!