08 October, 2007

Julianne Rocks!

Just so you know this is quite a long post because there are a lot of pictures!

I had an Owl Post delivery on Friday. My HSKS 3 pal Julianne completely spoiled me! It was like having Christmas come early- thanks a bunch Julianne! As excited as I was, I managed to contain myself enough to take pictures. So here are the package contents before I opened them:
Just look at the big pile of packages all carefully wrapped in Gryffindor house colors. I tried to read the note that came with it, but the note told me not to. I had to open presents first- no problem! I knew I was spoiled as soon as I opened the box, but I had no idea how much until I opened each gift.

Look at all the awesome Harry Potter and Knitting stuff she sent me! What more could a Harry Potter loving knitting freak possibly want? Nothing but Molly Weasleys knitting skills. Thank you Juli, I'm in love with it all! I know there's a lot in that picture, so I took more pictures with all that loot split up for you. First, the Harry stuff:

Yay for candy! There is a box of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, they really do mean every flavor. A package of Blood Pops, which are thankfully strawberry flavored not blood flavored. A chocolate frog too- I haven't eaten it yet so I still don't know which Wizard Card is inside. Maybe Dumbledore... As if the candy wasn't enough, she also sent me a pad of Harry paper, I've never even seen such a thing before. That's a small town for you. On top of all that I also am the proud owner of an awesome Harry Potter bookmark that happened to come with a rather cool poster. I told you, spoiled. A lot. That's not even the fibery knitting stuff, wait till you see it:
It's like knitters gold! A set of five 5" size 1 Rosewood Sock Stix by lantern Moon, which came in their own little bag. They're beautiful, I've always wanted to try them but never dreamed I would actually own a pair. The yarn, oh my goodness. It's a skein of All Things Heather hand dyed superwash sock yarn in Phoenix. I had my eye on just this yarn at the Loopy Ewe. How perfect is this yarn for a Gryffindor? Great name for the colorway too. I might have to make Fawkes socks out of it, using my new needles of course. Should I decide that Fawkes is not the right pattern for this yarn she gave me lots of new pattern choices:


Oh yeah, and entire new sock book. Lots of great patterns, I have the first one I want to knit narrowed down to two. Decisions, decisions. Then there are the handmade Gryffindor stitch markers. A set of five, with one special to mark the begining of a row, just the right size for sock knitting. I'm pretty sure she made them herself. Talented girl that she is. Did you notice that cute little sheep up there? I love him. He has moved into his new home with three other sheep- he's the only white one, plus a llama, and an alpaca. They all live close to my yarn. As if Juli hadn't shown enough talent and generosity, there's more:
Two shots of the perfect sock knitting bag. She made this herself too. Great Gryffindor colors and a brilliant way to carry it and keep it closed. I love it, a lot.
So once again Julianne- Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love everything! I could not have asked for a better swap pal. Thanks for making it fun for me.
The Muggle post man had a package for me too. My eagerly awaited order from the Loopy Ewe I had my very first skein of Dream in Color. It's lovely:
So on the left is the Wollmeise I ordered before in Tiefer See which translates to Deep Lake. The colors don't show up the greatest, but it's yummy. The other skein is the Dream in Color in Night Watch. Oh how I wish I could be knitting socks right now!
I do have some FOs to show:

A pair of fingerless gloves I designed myself. I used Plymouth Boku. The other glove is striped differently due to the way the yarn is dyed. I like them. Think I'll save them for that rapidly approaching October 19th show. In my last Loopy Ewe order my extra treat was a little red sock kit. I knit that up too, it turned out really cute. I forgot to take a picture so you can't see it.
Told you it was a looong post. I'm finally done now. Thanks again Julianne! I hope the person who has you is as good to you as you were to me.










2 comments:

B said...

OK Gryffindor, Devin has asked for full participation in the next Quidditch round - please help out all you can. Thanks.

Great gifts you received from your swap pal.

Natasha Laity Snyder said...

Don't forget to post your Quidditch trivia!!