02 October, 2007

Bags and sock yarn collecting

Yesterday I got a phone call from Toni at Madison and Main Gallery in Colorado. She had good news- nearly half of my bags in their Art to Wear exhibit have sold already! The show runs for another three weeks. I'm so excited about selling the bags. She asked if I can send more before the show is over and I'm not sure I can. I have another show on the 19th and 20th that I'm knitting like mad for and if I make bags for the gallery then I won't have much for the show. What to do??? I need more hands...

On to the sock yarn collection. I have a beautiful skein of Wollmeise that joined my collection recently. If it's a collection it's NOT stash! That's my theory anyway. I ordered a skein of Dream in Color last night too. Pics when I have both to show you. Of course the guilty party adding to my collection is none other than the Loopy Ewe. She always tempts me with yarns I've never seen before in incredible colors by indie dyers. I may never use commercial sock yarn again. OK that's not true, I love all sock yarn. Not only is the Loopy Ewe awesome in its fibery goodness, but they absolutely rock in general. By they I mean mostly Sheri, the queen of all things Loopy. Your order comes to you lightning fast, well packaged and often (maybe always) has extra goodies. What could possibly happen to make Sheri even cooler? She loves her customers so much that if you leave comments on her blog she emails you personally commenting on your post! As if she doesn't have about 73 zillion other things to be doing. Those things make me want to come back for more. Not just yarn but the great blog too- it's like she's talking to you about all the parts of her life, even what she's cooking. OK enough about it already, right? I better quit before she thinks I'm a complete weirdo anyway- not that she's likely to ever read it.

I'm way sleepy from last night at work, another one of those nights at the hospital. I'm off to knit more bags...

No comments: